Information on issual of Disability Certificate
This Institute certifies Locomotor/Orthopaedic disability only for persons who are enrolled through UDID process of GOI ,with allotted centre AIIPMR. The certificates issued by all hospital of MCGM namely KEM, SION, NAIR, COOPER, RAJAWADI, JJ group of hospitals through UDID process of GOI will get all benefits as per disability guidelines. Certificates issued from any hospital in India through UDID process of GOI are valid throughout India.
For issual of Disability certificate
Please Bring Below Documents
- log in to www.swavlambancard.gov.in (all details available on this website)
- Fill up the application form completely and accurately and upload the necessary documents.
- Once registered a receipt is generated indicating the hospital/ Authority/ allotted center where you can approach for evaluation of your disability. To avoid inconvenience of travelling you can select a center close to your residence.
- If you approach AIIPMR for certification please contact room no.9 Disability certification cell ground floor with original copies of the documents which you have uploaded while filling up the form.
- Bring the necessary/ available medical record/ reports at the time of assessment with you.
- You can report on any Wednesday / Friday except Govt. holidays at 9.00 am to Room no.9, ground floor for assessment with the computer generated receipt.
- The applicants are screened by one of the doctors and if found suitable for issuing disability certificate, his details are verified on swavalambancard.gov.in. After that the person undergoes assessment by physiotherapist, occupational therapist as required. If required, the person is advised for further investigation/consultation. Once their assessments are completed, the patients undergo assessment by the medical board.
- If application along with relevant documents including medical records is found in order, disability certificate is likely to be processed the same day.
- Once UDID card is issued the patient can approach MSW Section for Railway concession process.
- Disability certificate from AIIPMR or any civil Hospital (if issued)
- Original address proof and one self-attested photocopy
- Original ID proof and one self-attested photocopy
- Four passport sized recent photographs.
- Past medical reports if available.