You are Here :
Home Page > Departments > Community Based Rehabilitation Department
Community Based Rehabilitation Department
All India Institute of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation was perhaps one of the first to envisage a Community Based Rehabilitation Programme. The institute was involved in such projects since 1995.
Projects completed till date include the following
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare project, “Pilot Project on Medical Rehabilitation” implemented in 5 districts of the Country viz. Raigad-Maharashtra, Durg-Madhya Pradesh, Thrissur-Kerala, Erode-Tamil Nadu, Chittoor-Andhra Pradesh. 1995-2001
- This was the first national project on CBR launched by health sector implemented by Institute as the nodal agency with organisational structure from centre to P.H.C.
- WHO sponsored Project “Optimal Enablement of Persons with Disability by Access to Medical Rehab Services” in P.H.C.Poynad of Raigad district, Maharashtra, 2004-05
- “Setting up of Rehabilitation unit of district hospital Alibaug-Raigad district” with W.H.O. support
- “Mobile Domiciliary Rehab Project” in ‘H’ East ward of Mumbai slums in collaboration with Rotary Club of Mumbai, Worli
- W.H.O. sponsored “A Pilot Project on CBR in Mumbai Urban Slums” in S(W) Ward, 2008-09 in collaboration with MCGM.(One Photograph)
On Going Project
Development of training module for peripheral health workers with regard to CBR approach (awareness, prevention strategy, screening and referral)
Duration : 1 year (2010-11)
Sponsored by : WHO
To incorporate components of rehabilitation into the existing primary health care through training of grass root level workers for Prevention, early detection of impairment & provision of basic primary intervention of disability at home level to support health sector responsibility in CBR.