Department of Audiology and Speech Therapy
The Audiology and Speech Therapy Department provides services to the people with impaired communication skills, due to speech Language and hearing problems arising independently or associated with locomotor problems. Aim of the department is to help the patient primarily to achieve verbal communication and otherwise by Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC).
Staff in the department comprise of a Lecturer ,Speech Therapy and additional staff of 1 Audiologist ,1 Speech Therapist and Speech and Hearing Technician recruited on contractual basis for DHLS programme implemented under National programme on prevention and Control of deafness by Ministry of health and Family Welfare in 2007.
Services Offered by the Department :-
- Speech and language Disorders in children and adults are assessed by using standardized tests .
- Hearing Assessment Includes
- Behavior Observation Audiometry
- Visual Response Audiometry (VRA)
- OAE Screening
- Pure Tone Audiometry (PTA)
- Speech Audiometry
- Speech and Language Therapy for Children.
- Speech and Language Therapy for adults with acquired language problems.
- Dysphagia Therapy.
- Selection of Appropriate amplification Devices(Hearing Aids).
- Auditory Training.
- Parental Counseling and Referral if necessary.